Thursday, June 4, 2009

5/29/09

Today we all met at 9 AM to visit some places here in Bangkok.  I dropped my laundry off, 55 baht per kilo.  We took the Sky Train to the River Taxi, 30 baht and 13 baht respectively.  We met Kwang there.  She is a (tiny) student at Silpakorn University here in the city.

 

We went first to Wat Pho, where the (largest?) Reclining Buddha is.  There was a lot of neat art stuff there.  Quite hot.  Spent about an hour and a half before we went to the Grand Palace where the Emerald Buddha is.  That was much more of a praying place than a photo op.  No shoes.  Pants.  Lots of shiny gold and an awesomely long mural.

 

Then we ate at S&P.  Not bad but somehow I never got my watermelon slushy.  Salted pork and fried rice.  The papaya salad/coleslaw was very spicy.


For our last dinner in Bangkok, we went to the food center at MBK.
  I tried Sukiyaki soup with vegetables.  It was very cabbagey and bland, and I didn’t know what to add to it.  I really wanted coconut blended with ice, but they were out.

 

We saw Terminator 4 at MBK.  There are so strange commercials before the movie.  Me, Bennett, Zach, and Robert went to see it.  It was very action-packed.  I was surprised to see Anton Yelchin in it because he was also in Star Trek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment